MANILA, Philippines –
Metro Manila and 48 other areas will stay under the most lenient Alert Level 1 until April 15, Malacañang announced on Thursday, March 31.
“The Inter-Agency Task Force on Thursday, March 31, 2022, approved the April 1 to 15, 2022 Alert Level Classification of provinces, highly urbanized cities (HUCs), and independent component cities (ICCs),” acting presidential spokesperson and Communications Secretary Martin Andanar said in a press statement.
|President Rodrigo Duterte presides over a meeting with key government officials prior to his “Talk to the People”. Photo Credit: PCOO|
The provinces of Albay, Rizal, Oriental Mindoro, Bukidnon, and Surigao del Sur, as well as the cities of Lapu-Lapu, Mandaue, Iligan, and Surigao, have been included on the list of areas that will be under Alert Level 1 from April 1 to 15.
Abra, Apayao, Kalinga, Baguio City, Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, La Union, Pangasinan, Dagupan City, Batanes, Cagayan, Isabela, City of Santiago, Quirino, Aurora, Bataan, Bulacan, Nueva Ecija, Pampanga, Angeles City, Tarlac, Zambales, Olongapo City, Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Lucena City, Marinduque, Romblon, Puerto Princesa City, Catanduanes, and Naga City will also remain under Alert Level 1 for the first half of April.
In the Visayas region, Aklan, Guimaras, Capiz, Bacolod City, Iloilo City, Siquijor, Cebu City, Biliran, Ormoc City, and Tacloban City will also stay under Alert Level 1.
The implementation of Alert Level 1 will also continue in Zamboanga City, Camiguin, Cagayan de Oro City, Davao City, and Butuan City.
The component cities and municipalities where Alert Level 1 will also be imposed from April 1 to 15 are as follows:
- Ifugao: Lagawe, Lamut
- Mountain Province: Besao, Bontoc, Sagada
- Nueva Vizcaya: Bambang, Bayombong, Dupax Del Norte, Quezon, Solano, Villaverde
- Quezon: City of Tayabas, Lucban, Mauban, Pagbilao, Plaridel, Polillo, Quezon, Sampaloc
- Occidental Mindoro: Lubang
- Palawan: Culion
- Camarines Norte: Daet, San Vicente
- Camarines Sur: Bombon, Cabusao, Camaligan, Iriga City, Presentacion (Parubcan), San Fernando
- Sorsogon: Barcelona, Bulusan, Casiguran, City of Sorsogon, Gubat, Juban, Magallanes, Prieto Diaz
- Antique: San Jose de Buenavista, Sebaste
- Iloilo: Anilao, Balasan, Banate, Barotac Nuevo, Barotac Viejo, Bingawan, Concepcion, Dueñas, Guimbal, Janiuay, Lemery, Mina, Pototan, San Dioniso, Santa Barbara
- Negros Occidental: Enrique B. Magalona (Saravia), La Carlota City, Pulupandan, Sagay City, San Enrique
- Bohol: Batuan, Corella, Dimiao, Jagna, Lila, Loay, Loboc, Sikatuna, Tagbilaran City
- Negros Oriental: Dumaguete City
- Eastern Samar: Arteche, Balangkayan, Can-Avid, City of Borongan, Jipapad, Maydolong, Salcedo, San Policarpo, Sulat, Taft
- Leyte: Albuera, City of Baybay, Dulag, Matag-ob, Palo, Tunga
- Northern Samar: Capul, Lapinig, Lavezares, San Antonio, San Jose, Victoria
- Samar: Western Samar, Marabut, Pagsanghan
- Southern Leyte: Anahawan, City of Maasin, Hinundayan, Libagon, Limasawa, Macrohon, Padre Burgos, Pintuyan
- Zamboanga Del Norte: Dapitan City, Dipolog City, Piñan (New Piñan), Polanco, Rizal
- Zamboanga Sibugay: Ipil (Capital), Tungawan
- Lanao del Norte: Bacolod
- Misamis Occidental: Clarin, Jimenez, Ozamiz City, Panaon
- Misamis Oriental: Alubijid, Binuangan, City of El Salvador, Initao, Laguindingan, Libertad, Lugait, Naawan, Sugbongcogon, Tagoloan
- Davao de Oro: Montevista
- Davao Oriental: Cateel, City of Mati
- Cotabato: North Cotabato, City of Kidapawan, President Roxas
- South Cotabato: Polomolok, Santo Niño
- Sultan Kudarat: City of Tacurong
- Agusan del Norte: Carmen, Jabonga, Magallanes, Nasipit
- Agusan del Sur: Bunawan, Loreto, Prosperidad
- Dinagat Islands: Loreto
- Surigao del Norte: Tagana-an
The rest of the provinces, HUCs, ICCs, component cities, and municipalities will be under Alert Level 2, Andanar said.
“All other component cities and municipalities not mentioned shall be classified under Alert Level 2,” he said.
Under Alert Level 1, movement of persons, regardless of age and comorbidities, is allowed, but with restrictions on crowded and closed spaces and close contact (3Cs) settings.
Private establishments and government agencies are allowed to operate at full on-site capacity, subject to minimum public health standards.
The IATF-EID is still mandating the public to wear well-fitted face masks, except when eating and drinking; participating in team and individual sports in venues where ventilation standards can be maintained; and practicing outdoor sports or exercise activities where physical distance can still be observed.
People aged 18 and above must present proof of full vaccination before participating in mass gatherings or entry into indoor establishments like churches, restaurants, fitness studios and gyms, indoor cinemas, meetings and exhibition venues, wedding receptions, birthday parties, hotels and other accommodation establishments, and venues for election-related events.
Individuals who are at least 18 years old are also required to present proof of full vaccination before entry in confined spaces with poor ventilation; crowded places with no physical distancing; and close-contact settings with face-to-face interaction.
Health Secretary Francisco Duque III earlier said many areas of the country will likely stay under Alert Level 1 until the end of President Rodrigo Duterte’s term in June 2022.
— The Summit Express